Minecraft Java Edition 1.14.3 Pre-Release 4 has arrived for us to try out, and with this latest version Spigot has dropped their own development release for server owners and developers to get a hold of.
FYI: An error snuck into the blog post update for Minecraft 1.14.3 Pre-release 4 – we are aiming for a full release *next* week, not this week. The post has now been updated – sorry for the confusion.
— slicedlime (@slicedlime) June 20, 2019
1.14.3 brings with it a number of bug fixes, keeping up with the trends followed in 1.14.1 and 1.14.2, but it also does something quite unique compared to the previous releases: it reverts some mechanics back to what they were in 1.13.
Iron Farms, Pigmen, and Enchanting have all been adjusted or reworked entirely, Zombie Sieges are back, Patrols are spawning less frequently and don’t seem as hard to deal with, and Lanterns can be hung from Iron Bars. There’s so much that’s been adjusted in this version, that we’d be safe to say that this is the largest bump to 1.14 since Village and Pillage was initially released.
Some Notable Changes/Fixes:
Here are a few of the points in the changelog that caught our attention the most, though there are plenty more if you’d like to look through the full list.
- Patrol changes
- Vindicators are no longer part of patrols
- Doubled the minimum time to spawn from 5 + (up to 1) minutes to 10 + (up to 1) minutes
- Patrols no longer spawns if the block light level disallows monster spawning
- Patrols are now allowed to spawn in any biome except mushroom biomes
- You can now turn off raids with ‘/gamerule disableRaids true‘
- Reverted enchanting system to how it was before 1.14
- Item can now be repaired by crafting them together again
- MC-145202 – Blazes can see through blocks they shouldn’t be able to
- MC-148600 – Zombie pigmen will spread their anger forever if they can continously respawn
- MC-152638 – Villager trade GUI does not close when a major change happens to the Villager, leading to free trades and quick stock refreshing
- MC-154328 – The Village Siege (Zombie Siege) never happens
- MC-146433 – Double Chest does not display custom name
- MC-139257 – Server crash on reload when worldborder is modified.
Download Spigot/CraftBukkit Builds
These downloads, like all current 1.14 versions of Spigot, CraftBukkit, and Paper(learn about the difference between these versions, here), are still only “development builds”, meaning they are not the default version that Build Tools will download when you run it.
If you’re feeling up for testing the newest versions on your server, you can use Build Tools and run “java -jar BuildTools.jar –rev 1.14.3” to force the download of 1.14.3 builds.
Report Any Bugs / Feedback
As with any release, Mojang is going to be looking to the community for bug reports and feedback. After the problems found in the official 1.14, 1.14.1, and 1.14.2 releases, we’re certain that they’ll be grateful for the community finding and reporting bugs using the official bug report channels that are available.
Head over to the official Minecraft Feedback Site or the Jira Bug Tracker to send in your comments relating to Vanilla Minecraft, or use the Spigot Bug Tracker if you believe the issues you’ve found are related to those particular builds.
Download Minecraft 1.14.3 PR Vanilla